Rapini with Lemon and Cheese
Rapini is somewhat bitter and has a real snap to its flavor. It is wonderful when poached in boiling water and then sautéed in oil with a bit of garlic and lemon juice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 quart water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. rapini, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat; add the salt and rapini. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 6–8 minutes. Drain and shock under cold water and dry on paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat and slowly sauté the garlic for 5 minutes, taking care not to let the garlic brown. Remove from heat. Add rapini to the garlic and olive oil. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.