Raspberry and Crispy Goat Cheese Salad
Crispy goat cheese rounds act as both the cheese and the crouton in this fresh salad.
Serves: 8Prep: 5 minutesCook: 2 hours 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese
- 16 ounces mixed spring greens
- 2 pints raspberries
- Bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- Line a small pan with parchment paper; set aside. Place flour in one bowl, beat egg in a second bowl and breadcrumbs in a third.
- Form goat cheese into 16 small balls; flatten slightly into a disk. Coat cheese in flour, dip in egg and coat in breadcrumbs. Place on prepared pan. Freeze 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve add greens and raspberries to a serving bowl. Toss with desired amount of balsamic dressing
- Heat about 1” of oil to 360°F in a pan over medium heat. Adjust heat as need to maintain the temperature.
- Add cheese and fry about 30 seconds until golden and crisp. Drain briefly on a plate covered with paper towels.
- Top salad with crispy cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers.