Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins
Cream cheese and tart raspberries make a marvelous combination for moist muffins.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Vanilla Extract
- 3 large eggs (1 egg, 2 egg whites)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 pints packages raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Raw Walnut Pieces, chopped
- Muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites and egg; beat well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Place 24 foil cup liners in muffin cups; spoon batter evenly into liners.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.