This sweet noodle kugel is easy to make ahead and even freezes well. The raspberries give the kugel a cobbler-like flavor.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large bowl. Add noodles and toss to combine. Pour into the baking dish and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 10 tablespoons sugar until fluffy. Add one egg and beat into the mixture. Scrape down the sides and add the second egg and the vanilla. Gradually beat in the milk. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the noodles, pressing the noodles down into the liquid. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the noodles are baking, mix the raspberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. In another small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, flour, and brown sugar together with a fork or your fingers until crumbly. Set aside.
- Remove the noodles from the oven and spread the raspberry mixture over the top. Cover the raspberries with the brown sugar mixture and return to the oven. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the center no longer jiggles. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.