Raspberry Ricotta Soufflé
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 1½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ pint raspberries, puréed
- 2 tsp. confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray four individual soufflé dishes (¾ cup) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine ¼ cup granulated sugar, cheese, flour, lemon zest, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg yolk. Process for 1 minute until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl once. Spoon the mixture into a large bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat together the egg whites and salt until foamy. Gradually add the remaining granulated sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the cheese mixture, then fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared soufflé dishes. Place the soufflé dishes in a 9" × 13" baking pan and add hot water to the pan to a depth of 1". Bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Remove the dishes from the baking pan. Sprinkle each soufflé with ½ teaspoon confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.