A shrub is an ancient concoction of fruit, vinegar and sugar. The resulting syrup is stirred into water or another beverage to make a distinctly different cocktail. You can make the syrup mixture ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to a week.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 1 minuteTotal: 6 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Freshly Frozen Raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup Kroger® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, plus additional for garnish
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- In 2-cup microwavable cup, crush raspberries with sugar, vinegar and 1 rosemary sprig.
- Microwave on High 20 seconds; stir until sugar is dissolved. Discard rosemary.
- Strain berry mixture through mesh sieve and divide syrup between 2 large glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice and sparking water. Stir until blended.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.