This fruity salsa works for snacking and as a topping for meat.
Makes: 7 cupsHands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 7 cups
- 6 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1¼ cups red onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ¾ cup cilantro, loosely packed and finely chopped
- juice and grated zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Put half the raspberries in a large stockpot and mash lightly. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Add the remaining raspberries. Bring back to a boil and boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving ¼" headspace. Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process in water-bath canner for 15 minutes.