Deep, dark black raspberries would make a gorgeously colored sherbet, and a delicious one as well; however, any variety of raspberries or a combination thereof would be delightful.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ cups water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Rinse the raspberries, but do not dry. Drizzle with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cover and set aside while making the syrup.
- Place the remaining sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the raspberry mixture in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Press through a strainer to remove seeds, if desired. Stir into the sugar syrup.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks, then fold into the raspberry mixture.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.