Raspberry Streusel Squares
Serves: 20Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 jar (10 oz.) red raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the sugars. Add the butter and cut in with a pastry blender until crumbly; stir in the oats. Press 2⁄3 cup of the crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the preserves evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the preserves. Pat down lightly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.