Ratatouille with White Beans
Ratatouille is a classic French dish of stewed vegetables, often including tomatoes and eggplant, served as an appetizer or side dish. Serving it over beans makes it a bit heartier and very satisfying.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 baby eggplants, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Toss eggplant, garlic, zucchini, and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Roast until brown, about 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a saucepan. Add beans and cook until heated through. Toss with roasted vegetables. Serve hot topped with Parmesan cheese and basil.