Raw Baba Ganoush
This version of the traditional Middle Eastern dish is great as a dip with baked pita chips, spread onto sandwiches, or as a side dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Combine water and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Add eggplant strips. Soak eggplant in salted water for at least 6 hours.
- Drain the eggplant. Place the eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, pepper, and remaining salt in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into serving bowls, sprinkle on parsley and sunflower seeds, and drizzle olive oil on top.