Raw Chocolate Coconut Truffles
These raw chocolate truffles are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and get the great benefits of raw coconut oil at the same time.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large pitted dates
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3⁄4 cup raw cacao powder, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cup raw shredded coconut, divided
- 2 Tbsp. raw coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 dash sea salt
- In a food processor, process dates and water to form a paste. Using a spatula, scrape mixture out into a large bowl. Stir in 1⁄2 cup cacao powder.
- In the food processor, mix 1 cup shredded coconut and coconut oil; process until a thick paste forms.
- Add date paste; purée until smooth, then add cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in remaining 1⁄4 cup cacao powder and remaining 1⁄4 cup coconut. Place on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.