Raw Coconut Ice Cream
Raw coconut ice cream is delicious and good for you!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 9 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 1⁄2 cups filtered water plus additional as needed
- 2 cups young coconut meat
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, add cashews and 3 cups water. Soak overnight; drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, purée 1⁄2 cup water, coconut meat, honey, coconut butter, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and salt until smooth.
- Add cashews and additional water, as needed; process until smooth. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.