Raw Oysters on the Half Shell with Mignonette Sauce
This is a wonderful holiday appetizer. You can make the mignonette sauce in advance. Oysters should be served the day they are opened. Tell your fishmonger not to rinse off the liquor (natural juice). The oyster liquor is full of great flavor!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 raw oysters on the half-shell, resting on a bed of ice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallots, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Spoon over the oysters.