Really Good Plain Cheesecake
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 5 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil, shiny side out. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Combine the eggs, cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat until well combined and lumps are gone from the cream cheese. Blend in the sour cream. Pour into the crumb crust.
- Bake for at least 1 hour or until set. During baking, the center may crack and the edges may brown a little. The center should still look soft.
- Turn off the heat and let the cake remain in the oven for another 30 minutes. Chill at least 4 hours. Top with strawberry slices before serving.