Red Beet Soup
The natural sweetness of beets makes this a tasty soup. Always take special care when puréeing hot liquids. It’s safer to cool them a bit first.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. fresh beets, peeled and diced
- 1 large white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, divided
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Simmer the beets and onion in the stock with 1 tablespoon thyme for 1½ hours, uncovered. Let cool slightly and carefully purée in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish each with a dollop of the yogurt and sprinkle the remaining thyme over the top.