Red Cabbage and Apple Salad
This salad improves with age. Make it the day before so the flavors can mature and “marry.”
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium head red cabbage, cored and shredded
- ½ medium sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large McIntosh apples, cored and diced
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix the cabbage, onions, and apple. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the cabbage, onions, and apple.
- Toss and let rest in the refrigerator, covered for at least 60 minutes.