Red Cabbage Soup
Cabbage is a great source of vitamins A and C. This soup is based on the traditional Hungarian specialty soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 can (14 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cabbage and onion; cook, covered, for about 20 minutes or until the cabbage is soft. Stir in the garlic, caraway seeds, beans, vinegar, and stock. Season with salt and pepper, and gently simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream.