Red Cabbage with Wine
Red cabbage is irresistible when slow cooked with red wine. Its deep, rich color makes it perfect for a holiday table.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Place the cabbage, salt, pepper, stock, and oil in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Add the wine and stir well again. Cook for 1 hour more.