Red Country Barbecue Sauce
This sauce stores well, so take advantage. Make some extra and refrigerate or freeze it, to reheat later as needed.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- Sauté the onions in oil in a pan over medium heat until browned.
- Combine the onions with the other ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and heat on a low setting for 4 hours.
- Before serving, transfer sauce to the jar of a blender, and blend until smooth. Serve warm.