Red Curry with Pork and Pumpkin
Pumpkin or kabocha are great additions for this curry.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (13.5 oz.) coconut milk (do not shake the cans)
- 1⁄2 cup jarred red curry paste
- 1 lb. pork loin, sliced 1⁄8 inch thick and cut into 1-by-1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups cubed peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup whole Thai basil leaves
- Do not shake the coconut milk cans. Scoop the cream on top of coconut milk, about halfway down. In a large fry pan, bring the cream to a boil over medium heat. Stir in curry paste and turn down the heat to low. Simmer over low heat, without stirring, until fragrant and coconut cream starts to release some oil, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add pork to the mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the rest of coconut milk and water and bring it back to boil. Simmer the pork for 20 minutes at low heat.
- Add pumpkin and bring back to boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Season with fish sauce and sugar. Remove from heat and add Thai basil.