Red Onion Potato Salad
This tasty potato salad combines red potatoes with eggs, mayo, two types of mustards and a tangy red wine vinegar dressing.
Serves: 8Prep: 1 hour 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons salt, divided
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 pounds new red potatoes
- 6 Simple Truth™ Grade A Cage free Large White Eggs, hard boiled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, ground mustard and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil and cook until sugar and salt dissolves, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl to cool for 10 minutes; then add onion and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil with 2 tablespoons salt over high heat. Cook until a knife inserted into the center of potatoes is soft to cut.
- Drain potatoes well, let cool slightly and slice into ½” thick slices. Transfer warm potatoes to a large bowl.
- For the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, mayonnaise and mustards.
- Add dressing and parsley to large bowl of potatoes and gently mix to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature. If you prefer to serve chilled, cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.