Red Onions Braised with Sherry Vinegar
A perfect pairing with grilled meats or sausages.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1½ lbs. red onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tbsp. sherry wine vinegar
- Heat the stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, sugar, and salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, covered, for about 35 minutes or until the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the bay leaf and vinegar and cook for another 30 minutes, covered, over low heat. The onions should be very soft and glazed. Remove bay leaf before serving.