Red Pepper and Cheese Taquitos with Lime Dipping Sauce
These little bundles of cheesy goodness are loaded with flavor and color. They’re the perfect party food, so double or triple the recipe for your next get together.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. diced white onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. diced green chilies
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. hot smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or paper towels.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a large frying pan.
- Combine cream cheese, pepper, onion, cilantro, chilies, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Divide mixture between tortillas, roll up, and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Fry taquitos in batches for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Place cooked taquitos on baking sheet in preheated oven while frying the rest.
- Combine sour cream with zest and paprika. Serve sauce with taquitos.