Red Pepper and Mozzarella Salad
You can always substitute the traditional tomato for the roasted peppers.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 2 balls fresh mozzarella cheese (¾ lb. total)
- 16 large basil leaves
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Roast the peppers directly on the range over high heat, turning them until they are evenly blackened. Place the peppers in a medium-size bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Once they are cool enough to handle, rinse them under cold running water and peel off the skins. Cut off the stems, then slice away the ribs and remove the seeds. Slice the peppers lengthwise into thin strips.
- Slice the mozzarella balls ¼-inch-thick and arrange the slices on a serving platter, alternating them with the pepper quarters. Place the basil leaves in between the mozzarella and peppers. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve.