Serve these crisp little cheese “sandwiches” with pico de gallo and some freshly made guacamole.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. cumin
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- In small bowl, combine cheeses and pepper slices and toss. In small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, pepper, and chili powder.
- Place 4 tortillas on work surface. Brush with half of the vegetable oil and sprinkle with some of the chili powder mixture. Divide cheese mixture among tortillas and cover each with another tortilla.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in large skillet and cook quesadillas, one at a time, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until tortillas are crisp and cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla in wedges before serving