Red Pepper Rouille
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. minced basil
- ½ tsp. saffron threads
- 3 Tbsp. hot fish stock or clam juice
- 1½ cups chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 4 egg yolks
- 1¼ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- Put garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, bread, and basil in a food processor. Pulse until bread is reduced to crumbs. Combine saffron threads and hot stock. Mix until threads start to dissolve.
- Add saffron mixture, red bell peppers, and egg yolks to food processor. Pulse until puréed. Then, with processor running, add olive oil in a thin stream until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Season with remaining salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce.