Red Quinoa Vegetable Salad
Good nutrition and great flavors combine in this grain salad. A quick simmer brings together a super-easy DIY cranberry sauce, which becomes the foundation of the sweet and tangy dressing, used to coat velvety spinach leaves and crunchy cauliflower florets.
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 cups packed Kroger® Fresh Selections Spinach Leaves (about 8 oz.)
- 4 cups small cauliflower florets (about 14 oz.)
- 1 cup frozen edamame, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa; cover pan. Simmer 7 minutes until water is absorbed. Let stand covered.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine fresh or frozen cranberries, remaining ⅓ cup water and the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 15-20 minutes until cranberries are breaking down. Remove from heat to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine quinoa, spinach, cauliflower, edamame, dried cranberries and almonds; toss to mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cooled cranberry sauce, oil and mustard until blended. Pour dressing over spinach mixture in bowl; toss to mix.
- Refrigerate leftovers.