Add some spice to this recipe by including
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup short-grain white rice
- 2 medium-sized red tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the rice, cover, and boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain off remaining water from the rice.
- Remove and discard the stems from the tomatoes. Place the tomatoes in a food processor and blend on medium setting for about 30 seconds. Remove the skins from the onions and chop into ¼" pieces.
- Heat the oil to medium-high in a large frying pan. Add all the ingredients; stir well. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.