Red wine sweetened with sugar and honey and spiked with lots of citrus juice makes a wonderfully refreshing drink.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 2 medium limes
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 can (5 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 bottle (16 oz.) club soda, chilled
- 1 cup red grapes
- Juice 1 orange and cut the other into thin slices. Juice the grapefruit and 1 lime. Cut the other lime into thin slices. In large container, combine juices, red wine, sugar, honey, and undrained pineapple and mix well until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, pour wine mixture into large pitcher or punch bowl. Slowly pour in the club soda and grapes and mix gently; serve immediately.