Red Velvet Cheesecake Mini Pies
These mini pies are as delectable as they are beautiful, especially when topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Serves: 18Cook: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 36 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick™ Original Pancake & Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or honey
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons red food color
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
- In small bowl, mix the crushed wafer cookies, butter, and corn syrup or honey. Divide crumb mixture among cups. Using fingertips, firmly press in bottom of each cup, making sure crumbs are firmly packed.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and food color. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well blended. Add cocoa and Bisquick™, and beat until there are no more streaks and batter looks chocolaty. Pour in milk, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Divide batter evenly among cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until centers are firm. Cool 15 minutes (cheesecake centers will sink while cooling). Refrigerate in pan at least 45 minutes.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on medium speed 30 seconds; gradually increase speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form. During last minute, beat in powdered sugar.
- Remove cheesecakes from refrigerator and, using a butter knife, gently pop them out of pan. Carefully remove wrappers, and top each chilled cheesecake with large dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings. Serve chilled.