Red Velvet Cupcakes
These divine cupcakes with tangy cream cheese frosting are sure to please a crowd.
Serves: 30Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 bottle (1 oz.) red food color
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chips and red sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by mixing in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat.
- Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes, then remove from pans to cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. If desired, add sprinkles and chocolate chips.