Red, White and Blue Creamy Lemon Bars
Bring these summery lemon bars with a patriotic pattern to your 4th of July party.
Serves: 24Prep: 30 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9”x13” baking pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Pour over hot crust and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes until set. Cool; refrigerate until bars are firm, at least 2 hours.
- With an electric mixer beat together heavy cream, cream cheese and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag or a food storage bag with a corner snipped off.
- Arrange fruit into a flag pattern. Use cream cheese mixture to create white stripes and stars. Refrigerate leftovers.