Red Wine Brownies in a Jar
This recipe for red wine brownies in a jar is a great 'gifting' recipe. You gift a lucky someone a brownie mix in a jar with a bottle of red wine, then as they’re making the brownies they add a splash of red wine to their brownies and can drink the rest. These brownies are rich in chocolate flavor and super delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kroger baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Smidge & Spoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) Simple Truth unsalted butter
- 2 large Simple Truth Cage Free eggs
- 1 teaspoon Kroger pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup red wine, preferably Magistrate Cabernet or Zinfandel OR Storyteller Cabernet or Pinot Noir
- 1 (32 oz) Mason jar
- To make the brownie mix jar: combine dry ingredients (flour through chocolate chips) in a bowl and add into a mason jar. Print or hand-write labels and attach label to mason jar. Gift jar with a bottle of red wine.
- Labels (baking directions): What you will need: 1 jar brownie mix, 1 bottle of red wine, ½ cup (1 stick) butter, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Line a square 8” by 8” baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave butter for 30 seconds. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat in the vanilla extract, red wine and eggs. Stir in contents of the mason jar and mix until combined. Spoon batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool, remove parchment paper from pan, slice brownies and enjoy with a glass of red wine!