Red Wine Brownies
Some favorite indulgencies – wine and chocolate – come together for one irresistible brownie.
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper, allowing a couple of inches to hang over the edges of the pan.
- In a double boiler melt together chocolate and butter; allow to cool slightly. Whisk in sugars, eggs, red wine and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in cocoa powder and flour until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 27-32 minutes until brownies are just set in the center. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into squares to serve.