Red Wine Marinara Sauce
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups finely chopped onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ cup dry red wine
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until transparent. Stir in the pepper, garlic, basil, and oregano. Continue to cook until the ingredients are soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, and red wine and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce just boils and then thickens, about 10 minutes.