Red Wine Sauce
Once you’ve had this with filet mignon, prime rib, or an elegant hamburger, you’ll make it often.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. potato, corn, or rice flour
- 1 cup beef broth, heated
- 1 cup dry red wine such as Burgundy or Merlot
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. chopped thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Sauté the shallots and garlic in butter and oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Blend in the flour and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the broth and red wine, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over very low heat for 20 minutes.