Reduced-Fat Spinach and Cheddar Frittata
Do not be shocked, as this may come out looking light green. Feel free to change the cheese selections to fit your tastes.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ⅓ cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place eggs, egg whites, milk, garlic powder, white pepper, and salt in blender. Blend to a liquid consistency. Pour into a bowl and stir in spinach and 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
- Spray skillet (which has a cover/lid) with nonstick cooking spray. Heat on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add egg mixture and top with remaining cheese. Place in center of oven and cook 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the center no longer jiggles.