Refreshing Red Lentil Soup
Bright red lentils get paired perfectly with aromatic vegetables that create a light, luscious soup that provides amazing nutrition in a simple meal that will help you feel full and satisfied.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups red lentils
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, celery, carrot, and 2 tablespoons of the stock, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add the lentils, garlic, bay leaf, salt, and pepper, and sauté for about 1 minute before adding the remaining stock, and tomatoes.
- Bring pot to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer soup uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10–15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Using an immersion blender, emulsify the lentils and vegetables until smooth.