Save to My Recipes
Refried beans are easy to make, and taste fresher than store-bought. You can use cooked dried beans or canned beans in this recipe.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Mash the beans and liquid, then add to the onion mixture. Add water and salt and stir well to mix completely.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.