Refrigerator Dill Pickles
This easy recipe doesn’t require canning, but it does require a 2-day stint in the refrigerator to pickle the cucumbers. You can turn these into a spicy dill pickle by adding a couple of sliced Serrano peppers to the brine.
Makes: 48 picklesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 pickles
- 12 pickling cucumbers (also called kirbys), cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients except dill in a large bowl. Stir and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Divide dill evenly into 2 or 3 jars. Divide cucumber spears evenly into jars as well.
- Pour pickling liquid over cucumber spears. Screw lids on and store in the refrigerator for 2 days before using. Store refrigerated.