Rémoulade with Herbs
Rémoulade is a French sauce made with a mayonnaise or aioli base, similar to tartar sauce. For this recipe, briny capers and cornichons and fresh, chopped herbs are blended in. Serve it with fresh fish or seafood, or slavered on a crusty bread as sandwich spread.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cornichons
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add olive oil, Dijon, lemon juice, and salt to a medium bowl. Whisk together vigorously until thick and creamy. Stir in scallions, capers, cornichons, dill, parsley, and black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving.