Resistant Starch Potatoes
These potatoes make a delicious potato salad. Use your favorite homemade mayonnaise and herbs to make a delicious and healthy lunch or side dish!The process of cooking the potatoes and letting them cool overnight changes the starches in the rice to a resistant starch. Resistant starches are excellent for their anti-inflammatory properties.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 4 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the salt, oil, and potatoes. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked to the desired doneness.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and let cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to the refrigerator and leave overnight. The potatoes are now ready to be used in different dishes.