Coleslaw is the perfect side for fried chicken, pulled pork, or a deli-style sandwich.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 head finely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 Tbsp. minced onion
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage, carrot, and onion and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.