These restaurant-style meatballs are baked in the oven, so it’s easy to make a large batch for a crowd. Add them to your favorite tomato sauce to serve over pasta or in meatball subs.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb. ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl. Roll the mixture into 1 1⁄2-inch balls.
- Pour olive oil into 13-by-9-inch baking pan and place meatballs on top. Swirl pan around to coat meatballs in oil. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the meatballs from the oil, drain on paper towels.