Restaurant-Style Pad See Ew
Pad See Ew is a Thai dish that is largely influenced by Chinese cooking.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces dried wide rice noodles
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast (5 oz.), cut into 2" pieces
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped Chinese broccoli
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes, drain, and run under cold water. Drain again, then toss with soy sauce. Set aside
- Heat oil in a wok or large, deep skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the chicken and stir until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add noodle mixture to the pan and stir-fry 2-3 minutes until noodles have absorbed all the sauce. Stir in sugar.
- Push chicken and noodle mixture to the side of the pan. Pour eggs into the middle of the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Mix egg in with the chicken mixture. Add the broccoli and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Top with crushed red pepper before serving.