Casseroles often bring to mind images of large pans with many servings. If you want a cozy casserole dinner but have a smaller family that isn’t into leftovers, this down-sized casserole is for you.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 slices rye bread, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces Private Selection™ Sliced Top Round Corned Beef, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Thousand island dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9” pie plate; set aside.
- Place bread cubes on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes to dry out. Alternatively, leave bread out and uncovered overnight.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half and salt until well combined. Add dry bread, corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 22 to 26 minutes, until casserole is set in center. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Serve topped with thousand island dressing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.