Reuben on Pumpernickel
This classic deli sandwich is a way to add fiber to a corned beef sandwich by way of the addition of sauerkraut, which is made from cabbage. Look for pumpernickel bread made with whole grains. If you are dieting, substitute butter-flavored nonstick spray for butter.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 3 oz. thinly sliced corned beef brisket
- ¼ cup drained sauerkraut
- 2 Tbsp. Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 garlic dill pickle spear
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Layer one slice of bread, butter-side out, with cheese, corned beef, sauerkraut, and dressing. Top with the other slice of bread, butter-side out.
- Grill sandwich in a skillet or on a griddle until toasted.
- Cut in half and serve warm with a garlic dill pickle spear.