Rhubarb-Balsamic Sauce on Crostini
The complex sweetness of balsamic vinegar and the tart tanginess of rhubarb create just the right base for this elegant goat cheese crostini.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. goat cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 loaf (10.5 oz.) baguette, cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, rhubarb, shallot, and thyme. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb breaks down and sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix olive oil and salt in a small bowl and brush onto both sides of bread. Place bread slices on a large baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes until just crisp.
- Top bread slices with goat cheese and rhubarb sauce.