Rhubarb, Blueberry, and Mint Crumble
Mellow and sweet blueberries beautifully complement the tartness of rhubarb in this twist on a classic crumble. Top with fresh mint and this dessert is the perfect ending to any weekend meal.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, blueberries, 2 tablespoons flour, granulated sugar, water, and almond extract.
- Place butter, brown sugar, oats, and salt in a large bowl. Work butter into small pieces using a pastry cutter until it resembles large peas.
- Place rhubarb mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with oatmeal mixture. Bake until bubbly and the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Garnish with mint before serving.